When you apply for a position at Ike, we may collect information from or about you, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
• Contact Information. When you apply for a position, we ask for your name, email address, and phone number.
• Work Experience. You may provide us with your resume or CV, cover letter, or other information in support of an application.
• Interviews. Information you provide us from interviews and phone-screenings, if applicable.
• Equal Opportunity Data. You may provide us with confidential demographic information.
B. Information We Collect When You Use our Website.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Website.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the website, you may not be able to utilize the features of the website to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
• Background Checks. We work with third party partners to perform background checks on applicants, where applicable, and receive publicly available information, such as criminal history.
• Publicly available Information. We may collect information about you via publicly available websites or social media, such as LinkedIn.
• References. If applicable, we may collect information about your performance or conduct from references which you have provided to us.
We use the information we collect:
• To assess your qualifications in relation to our career opportunities;
• To communicate with you regarding the recruitment process;
• To verify your information and carry out reference or background checks, where applicable;
• To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
• For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
• For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our website.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the website.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our website is hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our website is hosted in the United States and intended for applicants and visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the website. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the website or Ike, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com.
September 27, 2018